Thank you very much for considering Sensory World as your publisher.
Although the majority of manuscripts we receive are memoirs, regretfully, we publish very few books in this category. The market has become saturated with similar books, and though each story is inherently valuable with its own unique elements, we simply cannot publish them all. We do not want to discourage you from submitting your work; however we want to be up front about our editorial needs.
We encourage potential authors to explore our website (SensoryWorld.com) before submitting a proposal in order to get a clear idea of the kinds of books we publish, and to make sure that your work won’t compete with any of our existing titles.
A great deal of time of energy goes into each of our publications, so we strive to produce books that introduce new-and noteworthy information, ideas, and perspectives, and are clearly marketable.
In order to properly evaluate a proposal, we need to receive certain essential information. Please include a cover letter, author resume, book synopsis, outline, and at least two consecutive chapters. We encourage authors to provide any relevant artwork, tables, charts, or graphs that will enhance the quality of your submission. For children’s books, please supply at least a sample of the artwork.
Please refer to the following guidelines for more information on our expectations.
- COVER LETTER
- Be sure to include the following:
- Your name
- Your current mailing address
- The titles, publishers, and publication dates of any previous books, journal articles or presentations you have authored or co-authored
- A suggested book title
- The estimated length of the book
- Proposed artwork, tables, charts and/or figures
- A description of any special features of the book
- Your assessment of the book’s main selling points
- A description of the book’s unique qualities (how it differs from other books in its category and why there is a need for a book of its nature)
- Which demographics your book targets (who would purchase your book? Parents, special education teachers, mainstream educators, therapists, persons on the spectrum, etc.?)
- AUTHOR RESUME
- BOOK SYNOPSIS
- CHAPTER OUTLINE
- TWO CONSECUTIVE CHAPTERS
- Send two chapters that express your originality, subject matter, and writing quality. For children’s books, please send the whole book. Since children’s books are dependent on graphics, we request that the author provide illustrations.
PLEASE NOTE: Submissions will not be returned, so please keep a copy of your manuscript for your records.
All materials should be sent to:
721 W Abram Street
Arlington, TX 76013
We know that you have spent months and possibly years crafting your work, and we will review it thoroughly. Each submission receives the individual attention it inherently deserves. Because of this, please be aware that we receive many proposals per day and it is not unusual for a review to take 3–6 months. We appreciate your patience during the review process. We will notify you once a decision is made.
Thanks again for taking the time to learn more about Sensory World publications. We look forward to hearing from you.
Jennifer Gilpin Yacio
President and Editorial Director
Sensory World, LLC